Thursday, May 30, 2013

Blog #26: Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement (What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?)

I am very proud of my activities. I structured my 2 hour presentation around the presentation of my 3 answers and a single, large activity at the end. During that large activity, each group understood the directions and the activities that I had prepared and I was mostly able to relax since the class acted self-sufficiently. All of the activities tied into the same "murder case" and the evidence was meant to point towards the guilty suspect. Several groups were able to perform most of the labs correctly and I had one group that completed all the labs correctly and came to the right conclusion.  

(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)?

AE

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

P

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?

Once I had a steady schedule for my mentorship set up, my third and best answer became very apparent to me. The reasoning behind why is was my best answer just flowed very well after I saw my third answer in the real world. After I knew what all 3 of my answers were, I was able to focus my research in a much more efficient manner. 

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?

I would have gotten started on my mentorship much sooner. Since I started much later than usual, I had to set up a full schedule to go to the West Covina courthouse in order to fill the 50 hour requirement. On top of that, I would have planned out my schedule for my Independent Component 2 much more evenly. Overall, I would have managed my time with long term components much better. 

(5) Finding Value. (How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?  Be specific and use examples. )

Honestly, this project has given me a very clear direction of what I want to do as a career and what I can expect out of it. I want to major in Political Science in college and go to law school to become a prosecution lawyer. My time at mentorship has given me a clear direction for that. My Independent Component 2 has put me through the material that I will be faced with in a typical Political Science course. Overall, my senior project has shown me the direction that I will take during and after college. 


No comments:

Post a Comment